HOTEL INNSBRUCK: disabled access and the art of ensuring all guests have the time of their life.
Wheelchair access throughout the hotel
- Ground floor access with automatic doors
- 3 lifts with a door width of 80 cm
- The 4 disabled access rooms all have 90 cm wide door frames (room doors and bathroom doors)
- The washbasins are wheelchair accessible and the WC is fitted with handrails
- The showers are wheelchair accessible and equipped with handrails and a shower seat
- The size of the rooms provides the required turning circle
- All of the hotel areas (e.g. restaurant, bar, seminar rooms, indoor pool with 26 cm pool edge, underground parking garage) have ramp-free access
- The well-being area can be accessed and used by wheelchairs with a width of up to 60 cm.
- The public area also contains a disabled toilet with an emergency button.
Suitable for visually impaired guests
The Hotel Innsbruck is a real pioneer in adapting the hotel’s facilities to suit visually impaired guests.
Together with the Tiroler Blinden- und Sehbehindertenverband (association for the blind and visually impaired - TBSV) and Tirol Werbung (Tyrol tourism advertising), testing criteria to assess accommodation for visually impaired guests have been developed for the first time.
During the course of the pilot project, general standard criteria for the redesign of accommodation were compiled. Companies with an interest in the project will be visited by a team of experts and TBSV representative and advised on how to implement the required measures, based on these specifications.
Suitable for guests with hearing problems
On request, the Hotel Innsbruck can offer guests with hearing difficulties special room facilities including a light alarm, light alarm clock (also connected to the fire alarm system) and direct transmission of TV sound to a hearing aid.